Thursday 24 February 2011

Pleasence VS Sutherland



 Who is the greatest Donald?

Top 5 Pleasence films:

1: Death Line (1973)
2: THX 1138 (1971)
3: Halloween (1978)
4: Cul-de-sac (1966)
5: From Beyond The Grave (1974)

Top 5 Sutherland Films:

1: MASH (1970)
2: Don't Look Now (1973)
3: Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1978)
4: Kelly's Heroes (1970)
5: Animal House (1978)

Its a close call, I can think of more Pleasence movies I love than Sutherland. Pleasence is a local lad too (Worksop) and Pleasence would have probably turned down the Italian Job remake.  Sutherland has been in over 150 films but has a terrible sense of quality control (Fools Gold!), Pleasence was a P.O.W.
If Sutherland was in a room with me now and flashed his trademark smile he'd win hands down, but...

Winner:

Donald Pleasence

Just for the great Halloween scene:

" I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding of even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six year old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes, the Devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... evil."



1 comment:

  1. For a minute I thought you'd morphed the Donalds together to see what they would have looked like...I think you need to do that now. Donald Pleasaland?

    ReplyDelete